KERN is in the business of creating positive decisions for our clients. Put simply, we craft interesting, and more importantly, effective ways to get people to do business with the brands we work with.
A proven track record of success [25 years].
Friends in high places [Omnicom Network / 1,500+ Agency Partners].
A heck of a talented team, and we’re looking to add to it—to all of it, in fact.
You possess a strong sense of ownership over everything you do. You have an entrepreneurial spirit, a ton of autonomy, and come to the table with three creative solutions to any one problem. Anything you’re lacking in experience you make up for with your enthusiasm and a knack for just figuring it out. You’re someone who can face an enormous business challenge and calmly think, “How are we going to crush this?”
You’ll work with the Account Management team to facilitate discussions, provide strategic recommendations, and execute a high volume of results-driven creative work—both digital and direct mail stuff. You’ll keep tabs on our clients’ business objectives and help make sure we’re exceeding every expectation. In short, you help make our clients happy and our creative ideas real.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Help manage client projects from kick-off to post mortem; seek, share and deliver information effectively to all involved departments (creative, media, IT and production).
Facilitate briefing meetings, prepare presentation materials for project launches, create and traffic project tasks, track progress, maintain schedules and budgets, set up creative reviews, secure approvals, QC work, and communicate changes of plan. But that’s not all.
Participate and sometimes run workflow meetings, providing pertinent, updated information relevant to both client objectives and project parameters.
Develop and maintain a strong understanding of assigned clients’ business as well as the industry they operate within, allowing meaningful contribution on trends, best practices, and overarching optimization of strategic efforts.
Along with the greater account team, ensure everything that leaves the agency—from an email to a final campaign, and everything in between—is:
- Something we’re sincerely proud of.
- In the best interest of both our clients and the agency.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- BA or higher in related field.
- Minimum  years of client experience (agency setting a plus).
- Proven experience on fast-paced accounts—namely in tech, software, or finance-based verticals.
- Very strong communication skills, both written and oral, with a natural ability to lead teams and drive process forward.
- Willingness to proactively ‘make it happen’; the ability to get work done without being micro-managed.
- An open mind, and belief that teamwork truly does make the dream work.